Lonsdale Wellness ServicesAnnemarie Cote
Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
After graduating from the West Coast College of Massage therapy in 1997, Anne-Marie had the chance to work her dream job with Canadian Mountain Holidays in one of their Helicopter skiing lodges in the Purcell mountain range of British Columbia. What a winter that was…beautiful setting, great clientele – and of course – once in a lifetime amazing skiing experience! Once the skiing season was over, it was time to settle down and be a real massage therapist.
That is when she chose to work in North Vancouver where she has been ever since, working with a very diverse clientele ranging from:
- ultra runner
- biking enthusiasts
- martial artists
- chronic pain sufferer
- stroke and Gillain Barré Syndrome sufferers
In 2005, she started teaching at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy (WCCMT), during those 9 years, she taught many courses, with her main domain always being the orthopedics component of the program, involving: spinal, regional and neurological treatments. She is now teaching in the new Registered Massage Therapy program at Langara College, continuing to pass on her knowledge of orthopedic treatment to a new crop of Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) students. Her years as an orthopedic teacher for the RMT program has made her extremely competent in treating joint injuries: post joint surgery recovery, sprains and strains, dislocations, neurological cases and so many more.
Always keeping in mind that relaxation and therapeutics can be used in conjunction, a treatment with Anne-Marie is both therapeutic and deeply relaxing. Over the years, Anne-Marie has been involved in many wonderful events, utilizing her massage skills to help her local community live a fuller life:
- Running injury prevention and stretch classes for the Running Room
- Stretch class for BC trail Running Adventures
- Guess speaker for UBC’s Faculty of Human Kinetic on Stress in the Helping Profession
- Guest Speaker for the North Shore Recreational Centre Personal Trainers on Posture Evaluation and Muscle Testing
- Cancer Benefit organizer for the Canadian Cancer Society, North Vancouver 12 hour relay 2004
- Member of the Massage Therapy and Physiotherapy team for the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 BC Bike Race
- Massage therapy for Kids ride for Cancer, Team Finn event
- Volunteering for meditation classes and camps for Children
- Volunteering at Mount Seymour Ski Resort since 1995
Anne-Marie lives in North Vancouver with her spouse and 2 children, where they take full advantage of the wonderful outdoor activities available all year long, skiing and snowshoeing in the winter, hiking, biking, trail running, kayaking and camping from spring to fall.
Nothing is more important than your health.
Invest in your most valuable asset today and...